* * Anonymous Doc: Just trying to be helpful...

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Just trying to be helpful...

"Pssst!" whispered the patient as I was leaving the double room after examining his roommate. "Pssst!"

"Do you need something?"

"Shhhh. Come over here."

"What do you need?"

"He sneaked in food. His wife brought him a cheeseburger."

"Um... thanks?"

"No problem. I'm here for you."

***

"Pssst!"

"What is it?"

"Shhh! Come over here!"

"The other doctor didn't wash her hands."

"Um... okay?"

"No problem. Just trying to help."

***

"Pssst!"

"Sir, you don't need to be my informant."

"Come over here."

"What is it now?"

"You need to change the passcode on the door to the call room--"

"How do you know it's called a call room--"

"It's 3-7-2-4. The guy down the hall sneaked in and took a soda."

"There's soda in there?"

"Someone brought in soda and some leftover sandwiches. And that patient went in and took one."

"I don't know what to do with that information. I wish you'd just worry about your own issues."

"I'm doing you a favor. I know the code, I could go in there and take a soda too, but instead I'm telling you."

"Okay. Thank you for trying to be helpful."

"You're welcome. Don't I get a reward?"

"Uh... what do you want?"

"A soda and a sandwich."

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure the crude "Snitches get stitches" joke belongs in there somewhere, but I'm too busy laughing to figure out where!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughed out loud to this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. That patient sounds soooooooooooo bored!

    ReplyDelete