* * Anonymous Doc

Monday, August 15, 2011

Suddenly panicked in the middle of the night, woke up from a dream. Realized I forgot something. Called the resident covering my team overnight.

"Hey, sorry it's so late-- I just wanted to give you a call and let you know-- I forgot to put in the order for Mr. Jones to get a diabetic meal. Just figured I'd catch it before breakfast."

"Uh, Mr. Jones is dead."

"What? It had nothing to do with his diabetic meal, right?"

"Yeah, he choked to death."

"What??"

"Oh, I'm just kidding. Mr. Jones is fine. Go back to sleep, I'll put in the order."

"You sure he's fine?"

"No. I have no idea who he is. But that probably means he's fine, since I haven't been paged about it."

"Okay. Put in the order?"

"Yeah, no problem. See you in the morning."

"Yeah, have a good night."

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man! I would be so pissed at that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Glad that residents can still have a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete