* * Anonymous Doc: "You look like hell today."

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"You look like hell today."

"Morning, [Anonymous Doc]," said the attending.  "You look like hell today."

What is the right response?  I mean, I know some wrong responses:

"You don't look so hot yourself, old man."

or

"It's the fault of these terrible patients. I wish they all would just die already."

or maybe

"You'd look like hell too, if you actually took the time to round on these people and cared about whatever's wrong with them."

but instead, all I could manage to say was

"Does that mean I can leave early?"

"No."

"I didn't think so."

6 comments:

  1. Well, that attending is no McDreamy OR McSteamy! Rude! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You don't look so hot yourself, old man."

    Hahaha! I think you should have said that one. Lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually go for the "Gee thanks for pointing out the obvious." Sarcastic tone optional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am sure your attending also look like hell before...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to give FAR less wiggle room. Response:

    "Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for noticing. I knew I needed to climb back into bed this morning. You are a saint for taking the time and effort."

    Then you turn on your heals, walk out, and get a well needed day of sleep.

    The next morning when you walk in, you see what the comment is. Whatever it may be, you respond with, "...I know...but I look great, don't I?! Yesterday you said I looked like hell...not today!!!"

    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creating a website, you must realize that is not the end! Your site need to be pumped very well in order to operate well. Do you ralize the correct way to do it? The best directory submission service with link building options will surely assist you!
    www.getonlineedu.com

    ReplyDelete