* * Anonymous Doc: We accept admissions until 5. It's 5:02.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

We accept admissions until 5. It's 5:02.

"I'm sending someone to your team."

"Nope.  Our team doesn't admit after 5.  Sorry."

"Come on, it's 5:02."

"I know.  Lucky us."

"No, you're not serious."

"I am.  I want to go home before 7."

"So if I'd paged you three minutes earlier--"

"Yep."

"It's ridiculous that you residents have it so easy these days.  Back in my day, we had it so much harder."

"No, you didn't.  You didn't have to deal with people like you."

"Excuse me?  I'm just trying to give you a patient."

"Give him to night float."

"Tomorrow, I'm giving you a patient at 4:59."

"Not if I don't get the page."

3 comments:

  1. Haha...I love that you backtalked when he said, "When I was a resident..." Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, that was frickin awesome. This happens every single night.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Youngsters have it so easy nowadays', back in my day we used to climb 3 miles uphill to school, and 3 miles uphill again to get back home.

    Nice reply!!

    ReplyDelete