* * Anonymous Doc: "This is just to make money, isn't it?"

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"This is just to make money, isn't it?"

"Sir, I saw you refused your MRI."

"Yeah, I don't need it."

"I think you do. We need to see what's going on."

"You're just doing it to make money."

"Sir, I get a salary. It doesn't matter how many tests I run, how many procedures I do, I don't get any more or less money. I'm a resident. They pay me the same thing, no matter what."

"If I die, you probably get a bonus."

"I don't. And I don't know why the hospital would want you to die, anyway. If you die, they can't make any more money off of you."

"See, I knew it was about the money."

"It's not about the money. I was just trying to tell you why it's not in our interest for you to die."

"Well, I'm not letting you scam me with the MRI. Those things probably aren't any better than your eyes."

"I assure you, the machine picks up things our eyes can't possibly see. I can't see inside your skull."

"You can look up my nose."

"Still won't be able to see what the MRI can see."

"I'm not letting you charge me for it."

"Your insurance company pays anyway--"

"And then they'll raise my rates--"

"You're on Medicare. It's the government--"

"Then they'll raise my taxes."

"They might. But you still need the MRI."

"Nope."

"You're only hurting yourself."

"And that's just what you people want."

"Nope."

"I know the truth."

4 comments:

  1. come over to the UK they would be demanding the MRI even if they didnt need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, my friend is studying in UK, she siad all medical treatment there are free, but they pay a lot of tax there, about 15%, i remember

      Delete
  2. You can't fight illogic with logic....

    ReplyDelete
  3. psych consult! :)

    ReplyDelete