* * Anonymous Doc

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

In a comment on the last post, someone asked about my personal life. I could give the party line about how it's one thing when it's 6 days a week and 10 hours a day, it's another thing when it's 6 days a week and 14 hours a day, and that there's no way anyone who's not already married can have a personal life-- and even the ones who are married, there are more than a couple of rumors of assorted kinds of trouble.

But the truth is, there's time if you make time. And I don't make time. And I should make time. But I don't make time. Look, fortunately no one asks about my personal life, no one asks about anyone's personal life, and if you don't bring it up, no one's going to question you about it except for this one resident who keeps trying to match people up, but unfortunately she hasn't gotten around to asking me yet and I'm not quite bold enough to say I'd sort of like her help.

4 comments:

  1. awwww, sweetie, go for it. ask for help and MAKE time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound so lonely sometimes, you make my shriveled heart sad.

    Hang in there. All good things come to those who wait (and occasionally go out to get them).

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. On some level it's nice to know there's other people with similarly stunted personal lives. That being said, give the girl a chance to help you out - the worst case scenario is that you end up in the same place you are now. Definitely worth the risk. And maybe even the time and effort too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I am honored that you actually made a post for my comment. Thanks! It made my day!

    You are a phenomenal doctor, and reading your perspectives on things, you sound like a sensitive, nice, and charming guy. If I were you, I wouldn't have any trouble asking a fellow co-resident or nurse out on a date. Be bold, but don't anything a stupid frat boy would do.

    Your Faithful Follower.

    ReplyDelete