* * Anonymous Doc

Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm off today. I work tomorrow overnight, from Saturday morning until Sunday morning, so I get Friday off. It's my one day non-weekend weekend.

I'm going on a date tonight. It's probably a bad idea. I'm drained from being in the ICU. I have to get up early tomorrow for my 28-hour shift. I haven't done laundry in two weeks, so I'm repeating socks. The only thing I feel capable of talking about is work. And my date isn't a doctor. It's semi-complicated, but she's my friend's sister-in-law's sister, or something like that. My friend met her once and thought we might be a match. I don't know what qualities made her believe this, but I told her I'm up for anything.

I can't repeat socks. It's gross. I'm actually going to get in my car and drive to a store and buy new socks, just for this date. I'm using my day off to buy socks. Perhaps I should use my day off to do laundry, but it's faster to buy socks, and I don't have enough quarters anyway. And I hate doing laundry.

I don't think I've been to a non-food-related store in six months. I almost don't want to break the streak. I look at my credit card statements each month and it's ridiculous. Grocery store, gas station, grocery store, gas station, the occasional (very occasional) movie ticket, the occasional used medical book from Amazon.com so I can seem like I know what I'm talking about on rounds, grocery store, gas station, grocery store. Awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided not to repeat socks. Two weeks is not enough socks, IMO. And no matter how many you have, buy an extra package and keep it under the dresser so you can pull one out when you just forgot and ran out. Same goes for underwear, you know you'll be buying more some time in your life, just get them now. I have a few plastic spoons, too, for the dishes-related version of this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend's sister-in-law's sister? Woudn't that also just be your friend's sister in law then? haha

    ReplyDelete