* * Anonymous Doc

Saturday, April 3, 2010

"A few weeks ago I felt a terrible pain in my chest, but it eventually went away so I decided not to go to the doctor. You think my heart is ok?"

Well, if it's not, it's too late for us to do anything about it now! If you think you're having a heart attack, seek medical attention while it's happening, not a few weeks later, after the damage has been done and the best we can do is an EKG to see if anything shows up. This woman probably didn't have a heart attack-- my best guess from her more detailed description is that she ate something that didn't sit well-- but still, it's not terribly useful to tell me about things that happened weeks ago and went away.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me why I don't go to doctors. Thank you, thank you! Your ignorance and arrogance are off the charts. I have been perusing a few posts - let me ask: exactly which drug company rep told you pesticides can't harm you? Since chemo is made by the same companies that make pesticides, I assume some drug rep is giving you this disinformation unless you are just stupid. Here - go get the facts - this is a searchable database of what toxins (pesticides) are in what vegetables and what kind they are (neurotoxin, etc) http://www.whatsonmyfood.org/

    For god's sake, stop dissing your patients and acting like you know everything. I suggest a consultation with Dr. Samuel Epstein. You need his help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it coming, doc! Don't believe what some people think. I find it very interesting seeing things from a different perspective. Those who don't care for it have the option of not viewing your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course pesticides and medicine (and for that matter, glues) are made by the same big corporation, but not in the same division. After all, if GSK or others, can make money from it, they probably will sell it.

    Much like WalMart carries both televisions and clothing, but you'd never conflate the two by thinking that the stylish shirt you were wearing was really a plasma screen television, but it was being kept from you by a conspiracy of folks who worked for WalMart. :: sigh ::

    ReplyDelete