* * Anonymous Doc: Bereavement, sort of.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bereavement, sort of.

"So, [patient], the wound on your foot is not looking good at all-- when's the last time you saw the vascular surgeon?"

"Oh, I saw him last week.  He said we'll watch it, but he's worried he's going to have to do an amputation."

"I'm sorry to hear that-- I'm sure that's not easy news to get."

"Yeah, I thought it would get better, especially after he did the bereavement."

"Excuse me?"

"He did a bereavement on the wound, so I thought that would help."

"I'm sorry, explain to me what he did to the wound?"

"He cut off some of the dead skin.  He said he was doing a bereavement for the skin."

"Oh, okay.  You mean a debridement.  He removed the dead tissue."

"Yes, a bereavement."

"It's called a debridement."

"Same thing."

"Anyway, I'm sorry.  When's your next appointment with him?"

"Two weeks, unless I get a fever over 105."

"Could he maybe have said one hundred point five, not a hundred and five?"

"Oh, maybe.  I don't remember."

"Okay, well, if you get a fever over 100.5, give his office a call just to check."

"Okay, I'll do that."

"Great."

2 comments:

  1. Oh my... please tell me he was elderly?

    I hope you'll join us for our Medical Monday Blog Hop this Monday! Would love to see you on the grid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to be invited to the wake for the foot?

    ReplyDelete