* * Anonymous Doc

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"So what brings you to clinic?"

"I had a fever a couple of weeks ago. I called and this was the first appointment they had. So I am here."

"But you're feeling better?"

"Yes."

"So why did you come today?"

"Because I had an appointment."

"Okay. But the problem you had a couple of weeks ago resolved itself?"

"Yes. I was very sick. I had a fever of 112."

"A fever of what?"

"112."

"I'm going to write that number down on a piece of paper, just to make sure we're talking about the same number. Your fever was this number? 112 degrees?"

"Yes."

"I think there is probably something wrong with your thermometer."

"Oh. That might explain things, because I actually felt pretty good when I had that fever, but I thought since the fever was so high, I must be very sick, and I should go to the doctor. And that's when I made the appointment."

"So you felt okay even when your thermometer said you had a fever of 112?"

"Yes. But that was two weeks ago. Now I feel fine."

"You just said you felt fine before too."

"Yes. I did."

"Have you taken your fever since you had 112?"

"Yes. Today I had 47."

"Okay, clearly your thermometer is broken."

"Do you know how to fix it?"

"No. I'm a doctor, not a thermometer repairman."

"Oh. Is there another clinic where I can get it fixed?"

2 comments:

  1. ... and all this time I thought the meaning to life was 42 ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doc, I hope you haven't yet lost your sense of humor and are in fact laughing hysterically in the faces of your patients on an everyday basis!

    ReplyDelete