* * Anonymous Doc: Getting Dumped

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Getting Dumped

Sorry for almost a week since the last post.

Patient comes into clinic.  "So, how's the wound looking?  You've been seeing Dr. Dressing, right?"

"Sort of."

"What do you mean?"

"I've been trying to get another appointment, but he's refusing to see me."

"Refusing?"

"His secretary said that she wasn't allowed to make another appointment for me.  I saw him three times.  The wound was doing better.  So I want to see him again.  But they won't let me!"

"Do you have any idea why?"

"I don't know.  I had to cancel an appointment last-minute because the weather, but I can't imagine what else."

"And they didn't say?"

"The secretary said she couldn't talk about it."

"That's very strange."

"I know!  I was hoping you might able to call and get them to see me."

"I can call and see what's going on, but I can't promise that he'll see you.  I can try to get you a referral to someone else, though."

"I want to see Dr. Dressing.  He was making things better!"

"I'll see what's going on."

I give Dr. Dressing a call.  "Hi, this is a little awkward, but I heard from Patient Ulcer that your office won't schedule an appointment for him?"

"Yeah, he missed 11 different appointments.  I really can't deal with that in my practice."

"11 is a lot."

"No kidding."

"Do you know of someone else he might be able to see?"

"I actually referred him to my least-favorite colleague.  Patient Ulcer should see her instead."

"Okay, I'll pass along the name.  Thanks."

I call my patient.  "I spoke to Dr. Dressing.  He said you missed 11 appointments and he gave you another doctor's name.  Do you still have it?"

"I did not miss 11 appointments.  It was only 10."

'That's a lot of appointments to miss."

"I didn't feel like going to the doctor.  And what's the big deal?  I miss appointments with you all the time."

"I don't get paid based on how many patients I see."

"Then I'm just making your life easier by not showing up, aren't I?"

"Not really."

1 comment:

  1. okay, when firstly saw the subject i thought Dr. Anon got dumped by his gf, thats why he was so depressed, didnt even post anything almost a week...jk~
    i remembered i missed 3 doctor appointmebts i got dumped by my doctor, i think he is also a surgon...who waiteda for me at hospital 3 times...:p, i guess i was just scared!

    ReplyDelete