* * Anonymous Doc: Have you ever been tested for HIV?

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Have you ever been tested for HIV?

"Have you ever been tested for HIV?"

"Oh, sure, I had that once."

"An HIV test?"

"No, HIV. I got it from some bad seafood or something. A lot of vomiting. Went away after a few days."

"I don't think you mean HIV. I'm talking about HIV, the virus that causes AIDS."

"Yeah, I know. I had that too."

"What, AIDS?"

"Yeah. It was terrible, just like they say. Felt really itchy. Took about a week to go away."

"I think we'd like to test you, just in case."

"I'm telling you, I don't have it. I haven't slept with a hooker in, like, at least a month."

3 comments:

  1. uh doesn't sound like he has the capacity to give informed consent haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way. You must have lifted this from some sketch comedy show...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yet we raise our kids glorifying athletic achievements over academic achievements. Oh, how different would our world be if it were the opposite. Maybe our kids would be ranked better in science and math in the world. Maybe we can avoid ignorant patients like him.

    ReplyDelete