* * Anonymous Doc

Monday, June 6, 2011

Spent the day in clinic. "You're the neurologist, right?" asked one of my patients.

"No, this is the general medicine clinic."

"I'm supposed to see the neurologist."

"You have an appointment for general medicine."

"That's a mistake."

"Well, maybe I can help you, or at least help you make an appointment to see the neurologist."

"I saw a doctor last time, he said to come back and see the neurologist. So I came back."

"He must have meant you should make an appointment at the neurology clinic."

"That's not what he said. He said come back here, and see a neurologist. So I am back here, and I want to see a neurologist."

"There are no neurologists here. They assigned you to me. But I'm not sure I will be able to tell you anything different than what the other doctor told you. Do you mind waiting here while I make a call and see if they can squeeze you in at the neurology clinic?"

"I do not want to wait any longer. I have been here for two hours."

"I'm sorry you were waiting here for two hours. But let me see what I can do."

"I thought you said you are not a neurologist."

"I'm not. But I'm trying to help you. I'm going to call the neurology clinic."

"I thought I had an appointment with a neurologist."

"You didn't. But I'm going to try and get you one. Just wait here."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to wait any longer."

"I can only help you if you wait a few more minutes so I can call the other clinic."

"No. I am fed up with you doctors. I'm leaving."

And he left. Another fine day of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment