* * Anonymous Doc

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Doctor, could I get your cell phone number?"

"Sorry. Can't give that out."

"But what if I need to call you?"

"You can call the clinic and leave a message. If it's an emergency, go to the hospital. If it's not an emergency but you want to see a doctor, go to the walk-in clinic. I'm only here twice a week, so I may not be able to return your call right away."

"I want a doctor I can call."

"I'm sorry. That's not how it works here. We're residents, and we rotate through. We're not able to be reached by phone directly-- we don't even have offices here."

"My last doctor said I called him too much."

"How much did you call him?"

"Like six times a week."

"That sounds like too much for a busy doctor to handle-- there are lots of patients to see."

"I don't know. The office was never that busy."

"That's still a lot of times to call."

"I had problems."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"So you were going to give me your cell number?"

"Nope. Sorry."

"Just thought I'd ask again."

No comments:

Post a Comment