* * Anonymous Doc

Friday, October 9, 2009

I just got back from the doctor.

I haven't posted in a few days because I've been coughing and sneezing.

On my vacation, and I get sick.

It's interesting, though. After just a few months as an intern, I found myself with an entirely new perspective as a patient. Throughout outpatient month, I've tried to be really apologetic when I've had to keep patients waiting, thinking that was enough. It's not. It's still annoying to wait for 45 minutes even if the doctor apologizes.

I was a bad patient. I told the doctor what prescription to give me before she even looked at me. I kept asking what she was seeing when she looked in my nose and down my throat. I tried to peek at everything she was writing, to double-check. I reminded her to wash her hands. She probably hated me.

She definitely hated me. Doctors are bad patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment