* * Anonymous Doc: Water Makes Poop

Monday, September 2, 2013

Water Makes Poop

"I've been going to the bathroom too much, doc."

"Um, how often is too much?"

"Every day."

"I think that's okay."

"Not for me.  I don't like to go so often.  Is there a way to make less poop?"

"No.  I mean, everything that goes in has to come out."

"I think it's because I've been drinking too much water."

"No.  Water becomes urine."

"No, I think in me it becomes poop.  Because I don't really eat that much.  But I still poop a lot.  So it must be the water turning into poop."

"No."

"I think it does for me.  Maybe that's just how my body works."

"No."

"So you're saying if I eat less, I will poop less?"

"I guess.  But I'm not saying you should eat less.  You need to eat enough calories.  I don't want you to starve yourself because you don't like going to the bathroom."

"It would be nice to never have to go."

"I'm going to refer you to a gastroenterologist."

4 comments:

  1. I hope you didn't really refer him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a patient who told me that even after her hysterectomy she still had regular periods "but it stays inside". Of course, that was in a mental health clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read the next one. These are hysterical

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe it's time for a new post! I just found your blog a few weeks ago and have read it from "front to back". It's nice to know that there are others around the world dealing with the same things we are! (Yes, we thought we were the only ones that had to deal with these kind of people!)

    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete